- Brie cheese
- Fresh thyme
- Hot dog rolls or half loaf baguette
- Butter or olive oil
- Fresh figs
- Balsamic glaze
- Wipe your Megamaster Quarter Potjie with oil, or spray with cooking spray.
- Cut off the top of your Brie. Once it’s melted, you won’t be able to cut it off to dip in your crostini.
- Place brie (with cut off top) in your potjie. Encircle with fresh thyme and figs.
- Place on the braai for 10-15 minutes.
- While your cheese is getting toasty, slice your hot dog roll or half loaf baguette into 1cm slices. Did you know, ‘crostini’ means little toasties. So, without buying expensive crackers you can sound fancy just by toasting a roll.
- Butter on both sides, or drizzle with olive oil.
- Place on the braai, turning regularly to avoid burning them.
- Use a fork and lightly lift the top of your brie cheese, if it’s melted, it’s ready.
- Remove from the braai and place potjie on a wooden chopping board with your crostini around it.
- Lightly drizzle balsamic glaze over the cheese.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Not a fan of Brie? Swap with Camembert.
Serve immediately once ready. The cheese gets hard quite easily when removed from the heat.
Experiment with more flavours while you braai the cheese with a little white wine, peppercorns or coarse salt.