300g Norwegian salmon
10g fresh dill
- Set up your smoker to approximately 110°C.
- Chop the dill and generously rub onto the salmon.
- Set the salmon onto wax paper (top and bottom), skin side down. Put into the smoker for 1.5 hours.
- Soak your Megamaster Oak or Cherry Wood Chips in water and add it to your smoker for am extra smokey flavour.
- Put into the smoker for 1.5 hours.
- Reset the salmon for at least 4 hours in a cool dry place, so that the natural oils enhance the smokey flavour in the salmon.
- Pull the flesh apart from the skin and add into lightly toasted tacos. Top with salsa and splash with mirin.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Chef Pro Tip: 110°C is the perfect smoking temperature - low and slow. (Check every 30 minutes, bearing in mind that every time you open the lid, you lose heat.)
Get to know your local fish market monger or deli. Ask them questions about where the fish comes from and how it was caught.
You can use our Megamaster Oak or Cherry Wood Chips for smoking.