4 x 170 g salmon fillets, skin-on
1 cup of Sriracha
Juice of 2 lemons
¼ cup of honey
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
Fresh chives, chopped for garnish
2 cedar planks for braaiing
- In a large bowl, whisk together Sriracha, lemon juice and honey. Keep some of the marinade aside for basting the salmon on the braai.
- Add the salmon to a large self-sealing bag or a deep dish and pour over the marinade. Let the salmon marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours, or overnight for even better results.
- Soak the cedar planks in water for an hour before using them on the patio gas braai.
- Fire up your gas braai and preheat it to 180°C. Place the cedar planks on the grid for 2 minutes on each side to season it.
- Place the salmon on the cedar planks and close the lid. Cook for between 15-20 minutes, or until the flesh begins to flake.
- Baste with marinade after 10 minutes and sprinkle over with sesame seeds.
- Garnish with chives and serve on the plank.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Buy the freshest salmon by checking your fillets are firm with a deep pink colour.
Choose fillets with smooth cuts. Cuts of salmon that have gaps or separation of muscle fibres may indicate old fish.
Serve alongside braaied vegetables, sweet potato fries, or in soft-shell tacos.