It's a delight to enjoy a light lunch with friends... sitting at the beech, enjoying the oceanview, or a picnic in the park.. This will always be a special memory...
1 box black mussels
1/2 cup of soft butter
fresh loaf of bread
1kg Mozambique prawns
salt and pepper
6 red peppers
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoom cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
3 hot red chillies, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pak choi salad:
4 fresh Pak Choi
1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts
fresh Grana Padano
olive oil and lemon dressing
- Mix the garlic into the soft butter.
- Place a teaspoon full of the garlic butter into each mussel.
- Place the mussels on the grill and close the lid.
- Braai the mussels for 2 minutes until the butter is melted.
- Place on a plate and add the fresh parsley, salt and pepper and serve with cut slices of the fresh loaf of bread.
- Open the fresh prawns and season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Braai for 3 minutes with the opened side down.
- Place the braaied prawns in a bowl and serve with the Harissa paste.
- Braai the peppers, turning occasionally for about 25 minutes, until blackened on the outside and completely soft. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool. Peel the pepper and discard its skin and seeds.
- Place a dry frying pan over low heat and lightly toast the coriander, cumin, and caraway seeds for 2 minutes. Remove them to a mortar and use a pestle to grind to powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and fry the onion, garlic, and chiles for 10 - 12 minutes, until a dark smoky.
- Now use a blender or a food processor to blitz together all the paste ingredients until smooth, adding a little more oil.
Pak choi salad:
- The Pak Choi should be braaied for 5 minutes while being turned often.
- Once they are braaied chop the Pak Choi and throw it into a salad bowl with the rocket salad.
- Add the sliced avocado and toasted pine nuts.
- Grate fresh Grana Padano over the salad and finish it off with some olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
You can also grill normal baby lettuce if you cannot find Pak Choi for the salad.
Fresh crusty bread like Kaiser rolls or a French Baguette loaf can be a great addition to a seafood meal.
Make this meal even better with a glass of chilled sparkling white wine.