It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s spicy! It’s Mexican Street corn or elote. So, fire up your braai for this amazing Megamaster Mexican street corn recipe.
- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup cotija cheese crumbles (or feta)
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- kosher salt
- lime wedges
- Preheat your patio gas braai to 180 degrees Celsius. If you are using an open fire prepare your fire (you will know your fire is ready when the flames have died down and the coals are red)
- While the braai is heating up, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, chilli powder, garlic, and cilantro in a large bowl. Stir until everything is mixed and smooth and then set aside.
- Rub the corn with some oil and then place directly over the heat and cook for about 10 minutes, occasionally rotating, until cooked through and charred in spots.
- With tongs transfer the corn to a serving board and use a large spoon to coat all sides with the cheese mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese, chopped cilantro, and chilli powder.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Only have unshucked corn? Try microwaving the ears for a minute or two before shucking to make it easier.
Want a healthier alternative? Try substituting the sour cream with Greek yogurt.
What about for the kids? Cut the corn in half and stick kebabs skewers in each end or remove the corn from the cob and mix with the same sauce in a bowl to make it easier and less messy.