Imagine this, succulent lamb skewers with a bite with fresh tzatziki and braaied pitas. A braai tapas hero!
1kg lamb cut into cubes
4 cloves fresh garlic
1 handful fresh mint
1 small branch fresh rosemary
2 - 6 x fresh chillies (according to your taste)
50ml olive oil
Salt and pepper for taste
- Preheat your braai, and soak your wooden skewers in water. This will help that they don't burn as you braai.
- Crush or finely chop the garlic.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemons. Make sure to remove the pips.
- Finely chop the herbs and chillies. Remove the seeds from the chillies if you want a milder spiced skewer.
- In a sealable container, combine the above ingredients with the olive oil and add the lamb cubes. Shake vigorously.
- Assemble your skewers by sliding 4-6 pieces of lamb onto a wooden skewer. You can make your skewers smaller if you're using cocktail sticks. *Top tip, add veggies or slices of onion in between your lamb pieces for more flavour.
- On a hot braai, cook for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until caramelised. If you have marinade left, you can brush your lamb while they braai.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
If you’re using wooden skewers, soak in water before putting the meat on them to stop them from catching alight on the braai.
Make your meat go further by alternating chunks of lamb with quick-cooking vegetables, like as baby marrow and baby onions.
Lamb skewers are great when braaiing away from home because you don't need a plate!