2x 700g tomahawk steaks
500g seasonal vegetables
250ml truffle oil
10g Cajun spice
- Start with generously seasoning the steaks with salt, pepper and cajun spice.
- Next, gently baste the steaks with the truffle oil.
- Once well-covered in oil, rub the meat with the last bit of dry ingredients: rosemary and thyme.
- Leave the steaks to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut your vegetables into large chunky pieces.
- Once your braai is hot, braai the steak for approximately 4 minutes on each side, along with the seasonal vegetables. Gradually turn the veggies until golden and soft.
- Rest the meat in a dish with butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the dish and serve.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Always make sure your steak is at room temperature before braaing. Braaing or frying it from cold will stop the heat from penetrating to the middle.
To grill your 2.5 cm thick steak to rare, you need to cook it for 1-2 minutes each side, letting it rest for 6-8 minutes. For a medium-rare, cook it for 2-2.5 minutes each side, and for well-done, cook it for 4.5 minutes each side, letting it rest for 1 minute.
If you don’t have truffle oil, extra-virgin olive oil is a good substitute because it has roughly the same consistency and texture.