2 trout fillets
White and black sesame seeds
Cedar or oak planks, soaked in water
1/2 cup honey
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
For Bacon Asparagus:
500g streaky bacon
For Fresh Summer Salad:
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup beets
1 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup toasted macadamia nuts
1/2 cup crispy onion sprinkle
For Salad Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup crème fraiche or sour cream
2 tablespoons condensed milk
A squeeze of lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, crushed
- Combine the marinade ingredients and soak the trout filets for an hour before braaing.
- Preheat your Megamaster braai to medium heat. Place cedar or oak planks on the braai and close the lid for 5 to 10 minutes, until planks begin to smoke and char.
- Turn the planks over and place the trout fillets kin side down on them. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until you can easily pull the fillets apart.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fish just before serving.
- Wrap 5 or 6 asparagus spears in bacon.
- Add them to the braai with your fish and turn after 10 minutes.
Fresh Summer Salad:
- Combine the ingredients of the sald in a large salad bowl and toss well.
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients and pour over the sald. You can mix the dressing too.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Braaing your trout fillets on a cedar plank gives them a delicious wood-smoked flavour. Be sure to soak the wood for about 2 hours before cooking. If you don't have a cedar plank available, use foil to prevent the fish from falling through the grid.
For your asparagus bundles, opt for thin bacon if you want a super crispy result.
Combine water, salt and melted butter in a spray bottle and spritz the macadamia nuts before roasting.