- 8 chicken pieces (4 thighs and 4 drumsticks)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup chutney
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- Preheat the oil or butter in the potjie and brown the onion.
- Remove the chicken skin and discard it before covering the chicken pieces with flour.
- Add the chicken pieces and the garlic, braai for a few minutes until the chicken starts to get some colour.
- Add the chutney, tomato sauce, mayonnaise, water, and soya sauce and mix well.
- Cover the potjie and cook at medium heat until the chicken is cooked (30 - 40 minutes). Check the pot to see if there is enough liquids.
- Remove the lid, allow the sauce to simmer until it becomes thick and sticky.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
If at any point during the cooking process the pot is too dry, add a little bit of water and stir gently.
The chicken is thoroughly cooked when the meat comes off the bone easily.
If there is too much oil when you're ready to serve, simply remove it with a spoon.