2kg chicken wings (tips removed)
1 cup tomato sauce
½ cup chutney
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons sugar
Hot sauce to taste
Pinch of smoked paprika
- To make the basting sauce, add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Remove the tips from the wings. The tips are the pointier section of the wings that don’t contain much meat. Locate the joint between the tip and drumette of the wing and cut it off with a sharp knife or kitchen sears. Alternatively, you can buy the wings with tips removed by your local butcher.
- Once the tips have been removed, add the chicken wings to the mixing bowl and toss until the wings have been evenly coated.
- Marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Switch the braai on high to heat up, then adjust to the lowest setting.
- Place the marinated wings on the braai.
- After 10-12 minutes, turn the wings, basting continuously.
- The process should take 20-25 minutes.
- Braai on the lowest heat so that the wings caramelise well without burning.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
If you can, marinate your wings overnight.
Serve your chicken wings with charred corn, salad or even potato slices cooked on the braai.
Baste your chicken wings often, but not too much at a time, to make sure they don't burn.