The great flavours of lemon juice, capers, and anchovies compliment the lamb really well and cut through the fat. Ask your butcher to debone the rib for you.
- 1 Deboned lamb rib
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tots of capers
- 6 -8 anchovy fillets
- a handful of fresh oregano
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup of white wine
- Place the lamb rib on a chopping board and season generously with lemon juice, salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Lay the rib flat and place the capers, anchovies, oregano, and red onion in a layer. Start from one side and gently roll the rib tightly. Use string to tie the rib roll and secure making sure the stuffing won’t fall out.
- Place the whole roll into your Megamaster potjie, add some with wine and braise on the fire with the lid on top of the potjie for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from the potjie, let it cool down for a bit and use your sharpest knife to cut it into pieces. making sure to keep the stuffing inside.
- Braai over very hot coals for a few minutes to render the fat and make the rolls nice an crispy. Serve with fresh lemon juice and fresh oregano.