1 teaspoon + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
2 carrots, thinly sliced
½ yellow and red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
1 cup shredded cabbage
A handful of baby spinach leaves
450g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1½ teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
- Place 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, bell peppers and spinach to the pan. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel, then heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan in a single layer and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 3 - 4 minutes per side, or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Lower heat to medium, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan.
- Add balsamic reduction to the pan to coat chicken and vegetables.
- Add a splash of soy sauce to the mixture and simmer for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over mixture and serve.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, stirring occasionally and simmer 20 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce thicken as it cools.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Serve on a bed of steamed rice to make the meal go further.
Add pineapple chunks for a tropical taste sensation.
For those who don’t like Balsamic reduction, simply season with olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.