2 cloves finely diced garlic
Coarse salt & pepper to taste
1 small tin anchovies
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
60 ml Parmesan cheese
1 head of Lettuce
1 finely sliced red onion
Bread of your choice like sourdough or ciabatta
Steak of choice
- Light your fire in your Charlie Grill & Smoker and start prepping the dressing.
- In a large mortar-and-pestle, mix finely diced garlic, coarse salt & pepper, and the small tin of anchovies.
- Add a dash of lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Add a handful of soaked wood chips to your ready coals. Braai your steak on high heat for 5-7 minutes per side and let it rest.
- Break the bread into rough pieces and drizzle with olive oil.
- Braai till golden brown and crispy.
- Put the salad together by starting with the lettuce leaves on a big plate. Drizzle with olive oil
- Slice your steak into pieces and add to the salad. Add red onion, braaied bread, and your dressing.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
If you’re not a fan of anchovies, swap them out with a dash of soya or fish sauce.
Any cut of steak will work; sirloin, rump, fillet, picanha or even wagyu!
Get creative with your salad and swap out the lettuce head with rocket or watercress.