3 corn on the cob
2 tablespoons salt
500 ml water
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoons peri-peri seasoning
Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Peel and discard the husks of the corn. Wash and cut the ends off.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the corn in half lengthwise, then into quarters.
- Combine the sugar, salt, and 500 ml of cold water to make a brine. You can use the same pot that you’re planning on boiling them in. Place the corn in the brine for 30-40 minutes. Did you know, that braaing the corn beforehand will make the kernels plump and juicy before you char them on the braai.
- Bring the corn-in-brine to a boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain. Brush a bit of oil onto the corn pieces and place them on the braai.
- Turn often, you want it to char, not burn.
- Serve with butter, grated parmesan, peri-peri seasoning, and freshly chopped parsley.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Serve with a yoghurt dip like tzatziki or spicy mayo for something different.
Always slice the corn lengthwise, once it boils it will curl up.
Low on time? Skip the brining process and boil directly. You can even braai it directly on the fire if you want real smoky flavour.