4-6 medium size potatoes
1 red onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash your potatoes and roughly chop them into 4-6 pieces each.
- Finely dice your red onion. Mix thoroughly with the potatoes and olive oil in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Cut between 4-6 sheets of foil, depending on the number of portions you're making. Make sure they're big enough for a big tablespoon full of potatoes and can close properly.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons in the middle of each foil sheet.
- Top with cheddar and mozzarella cheese and close by pinching the foil together.
- Braai for 25-35 minutes directly in medium heat coals. Make sure to turn regularly so your potatoes cook evenly. Try not to turn the foil packets on the pinched side.
- Remove from the heat and serve foil packets on a wooden chopping board.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Add some heat with chilli flakes or finely diced fresh chillies.
Meat lover? Add cooked, diced bacon bits.
Swop out the potatoes for sweet potatoes as a healthier option.