Taking inspiration from their grandmothers' dumpling pudding recipes, Capital Hotel School's student chefs Ofentse Mogotlane and Katlego Selelo created this tasty dish in honour of Heritage Day.
8 cups cake flour
385g condensed milk
250ml cooking oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon butter
150g chocolate, for serving
- Stir together flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add one tablespoon butter and use your fingertips to combine with the flour until crumbly.
- Mix in the oil and knead until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Divide dumpling dough into portions. Set aside to rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Place in an ovenproof dish, cover with condensed milk, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over dumplings to serve.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Check if the dough is cooked by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it is cooked.
You can also use caramel sauce instead of condensed milk.
To make it extra decadent, top with thick whipped cream to serve.