A large portion of South African homes weren’t built with a fireplace. And many can’t accommodate one even if you wanted one. Whatever the reason, you shouldn’t freeze because you don’t have the space or budget to install a fireplace. An effective, versatile and economical way of fighting back the cold is Megamaster’s portable gas heaters.
HOT TIP: When turning your gas heater on for the first time, hold down the gas dial for 10 to 15 seconds to fill the gas line then press the ignitor button.
Unlike electric heaters or central heating which can balloon your electricity bill during winter, gas heating is your most pocket-friendly alternative. You’ll get weeks of cosy comfort out your heater before you need to replace or refill your gas canister. And because you’re paying for your gas as you go, there are no hidden or surprise costs. The cost to the environment is also reduced. Gas heaters are eco-friendly when compared to most other heating options. Something we should all be conscious of in this age of climate change.
Shop Megamaster portable gas heaters here.
With no power chord or electrical outlet needed, Megamaster’s portable gas heaters go where you need them to. You can use them almost anywhere – at home or the once, inside, outside on the patio, or take it camping. Wherever you need warmth, a roll about or portable gas heater is a dependable solution.
Fiery Fact: Megamaster’s gas units offer more intense and near instant heat meaning you can warm up larger spaces faster.
Megamaster products are thoroughly tested and meet the strictest safety standards. If you have safety concerns about using gas heaters, here are golden rules to allay any fears and keep you safe and toasty.
- Turn your heater o before going to bed and never leave it unattended for long periods.
- Follow the instructions on how to connect your gas cannister to your heater and check the hose and connections are working properly.
- Have a professional service your heater every two years. Your user manual will state when a service is necessary.
- Don’t use aerosols or flammable cleaning products near your heater.
- While it’s tempting to get as close as possible to your heater to get warm, always maintain a safe distance from the heater.
- Another big no-no that we’re all tempted to do, hanging clothing or towels on your heater to warm up. This poses a serious fire hazard and should never be done.
- Keep pets, children and flammable objects like furniture, curtains, books or boxes at least a meter away from your unit.
- Only use your gas heater in a well-ventilated area.
- Always refer to the product manual and user guidelines. You can download the user manual for your Megamaster portable gas heater from our website.