Happy month of love fam! We just love getting together to celebrate the small things, the big things, the holidays, the traditions and just about anything we can. This month we want to encourage you spend more time with your significant other, your kids, your parents, grandparents, and friends that became family. Because all-in-all, we want it to be a month of love, not just a day celebrated on the 14th of February.
We’ve put together questions, or conversation starters to bring-the-heat to your next braai. Imagine this, a fire lit in one of our Megamaster Bomas, picnic blanket, snacks, drinks, music in the background, and having a meaningful conversation till sunrise! Fair warning, our conversation starters are so intense, you might forget to eat. We suggest to prep the food before the time, so you can just snack the entire night. Check out our blog, Braai tapas platter , for the ultimate braai snack platter.
Warming up. The rashers before the actual braai questions.
This or that, quickly answer these without giving it much thought.
- Chicken or beef?
- Sosaties or chicken pieces?
- Ribs or wings?
- Wood fire or gas?
- Spicey or indulgent?
- Low and slow short ribs or quick medium-rare steaks?
- Salt before or after you braai a steak?
- Chutney on a braai broodjie, yes or no?
- Potato salad with egg or not?
- Veggies in a potjie. Yes or no?
Sparks flying. Igniting them a little more.
We are the oxygen behind the sparks. Diving into deeper questions, with more meaningful answers.
- What is your favourite meat to braai?
- What is your favourite childhood memory around a fire?
- What traditions did your family have on a Saturday night?
- What is something your learnt from your mom or dad when it comes to cooking?
- What dish has the most sentimental value to you and why?
- What is the best memory you can recall from around a fire?
- If you had to be a spice, what would it be and why?
- What traditions do you want to have in your own family one day, or if you already have a family of our own, that you want to start doing?
- What is the most attractive, knowing how to make a fire, or making the perfect potato bake?
- If you could copy and paste this night to anywhere in the world, where would we be?
Celebrate your significant other.
We’re all about celebration. These questions are to celebrate things you love about your significant other, best friend, children, parents, or anyone else that has a piece of your heart. Go one person at a time and answer all the questions in this section before you move on to the next person.
- Name something you love most about the person sitting across from you.
- When did you know that you would walk a journey with them?
- What do you think they should embrace more about who they are?
- Who are they at a braai, choose up to 2 answers.
- The one that takes everyone’s meat, and braais it to perfection.
- The one with the stellar side dishes.
- The snack-hogger.
- The DJ.
- The life of the party.
- The one that always falls asleep in their camping chair.
- If they could have a braai superpower, what would it be?
- What is something that makes you proud to be around this person?
- What do you want to thank them for?
- What do you think they should strive for, or go after?
- What is something you want to do with them, a memory you want to make?
Long after the fire has died, the ones that stays in the heat.
The final set of questions. The ones that question our existence, the deeper things in life. The ones that will make you think for days to come.
- Why is celebration important?
- What do we need more of in our society?
- What do you think is the influence of braai in different cultures?
- How would you like to see our society evolve in the next 10 years?
- What is your opinion around the phrase ‘together, made better’?
- What unique attribute do you have to make a difference in someone else’s life?
To get to know each other, with real, meaningful conversations, is something that cannot be exchanged for anything. Something worthy of the time spent to get there. Something special, precious, and memorable. Being together, and celebrating anything, is who we are. We are together, made better. And now, you are too.