1,5kg ground beef (70% beef, 30% fat)
4 pickled jalapenos, finely diced
1 red onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
A handful of chives, finely diced
2 wheels of feta, crumbled into small pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil (for brushing just before you braai)
1. Combine all your ingredients in a big bowl. Mix thoroughly, but don't overwork your mixture.
2. Make small meatballs, roughly 100g each. Set aside.
3. Flatten your meatballs into patties, and lightly brush with olive oil before you braai them. This will help that they don't stick to your grid.
4. Season to taste and place on a hot braai.
5. If you're using a braai that has a lid, close your lid so the patties can cook on the inside.
6. Turn regularly till caramalised and ready to choice of doneness. 3 minutes each side for rare, 4 minutes for medium, and 5-7 minutes for well done.
7. Serve with fresh buns, your choice of toppings, and sauce
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
When serving, add caramalised onions as a topping on your burger for extra flavour.
Toast your buns on your braai before serving. Spread lightly with butter and braai till golden brown.
Let the kids experiment with more flavours in their patties with grated cheese, spring onions, peppers or mushrooms.