- 8 chicken pieces (4 thighs and 4 drumsticks)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup chutney
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- Preheat the oil or butter in the potjie and brown the onion.
- Remove the chicken skin and discard it before covering the chicken pieces with flour.
- Add the chicken pieces and the garlic, and braai for a few minutes until the chicken starts to get some colour.
- Add the chutney, tomato sauce, mayonnaise, water, and soya sauce and mix well.
- Cover the potjie and cook at medium heat until the chicken is cooked (30 - 40 minutes). Check the pot to see if there are enough liquids. The chicken should be cooked, after about 30 minutes of simmering.
- Remove the lid to give the excess liquids some time to cook away and for the sauce to thicken and become sticky.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
If at any point during the cooking process the pot is too dry, add a little bit of water and stir gently.
The chicken is thoroughly cooked when the meat easily comes off the bone.
If there is too much oil when you're ready to serve, simply remove it with a spoon.