- 4 x 170g salmon fillets, skin-on
- 1 cup Sriracha
- juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- fresh chives, chopped for garnish
- 2 cedar planks for braaiing
- In a large bowl, whisk together Sriracha, lemon juice and honey. Reserve some of the marinade for basting the salmon on the braai.
- Add the salmon to a large self-sealing bag or a deep dish and pour over the marinade. Let the salmon marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours, or overnight for better results.
- Soak the cedar planks in water for an hour before using them on the braai.
- Allow your braai to settle to a medium heat before placing the cedar planks on the coals for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place the salmon on the cedar planks and close the lid. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the flesh begins to flake.
- Baste with marinade after 10 minutes and sprinkle over with sesame seeds.
- Garnish with chives and serve on the plank.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Buy the freshest salmon by checking your fillets are firm with a deep pink colour.
Choose fillets with smooth cuts. Cuts of salmon that have gaps or separation of muscle fibres may indicate old fish.
Serve alongside par-grilled vegetables, sweet potato fries, or in soft-shell tacos.