Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 ½ hours
- 300g Norwegian salmon
- 10g fresh dill
- oak & cherry smoke mix
- 10ml mirin
- taco shells
- tomato salsa
- cream cheese
- Set up you smoker to approximately 110°C.
- Chop the dill and generously rub onto the Salmon.
- Set the Salmon onto wax paper (top and bottom), skin side down. Put into the smoker for 1.5 hours.
- Rest the Salmon for at least 4 hours in a cool dry area, so that the natural oils enhance the smokey flavour in the salmon.
- Pull the flesh apart from skin, add into lightly toasted tacos, top with salsa and splash with Mirin.
Chef Pro Tip: 110°C is the perfect smoking temperature - low and slow. (Check every 30 minutes, bearing in mind that every time you open the grill, you lose heat.)
Get to know your local fish market monger or deli. Ask them questions about where the fish comes from and how it was caught.
You can now get oak and cherry wood for smoking from www.megamaster.co.za