Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 box black mussels
- 1/2 cup of soft butter
- crushed garlic
- fresh parsley
- fresh loaf of bread
- 1kg Mozambique prawns
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoom cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 hot red chillies, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
PAK CHOI SALAD
- 4 fresh Pak Choi
- rocket salad
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts
- fresh Grana Padano
- olive oil and lemon dressing
- Mix the garlic into the soft butter.
- Place a teaspoon full of the garlic butter into each mussel.
- Place the mussels on the grill and close the lid.
- Grill the mussels for 2 minutes until the butter is melted.
- Place on a plate and add the fresh parsley, salt and pepper and serve with cut slices of the fresh loaf of bread.
- Open the fresh prawns and season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the opened side facing down on the grill and grill for 3 minutes.
- Place the grilled prawns in a bowl and serve with the Harissa paste.
- Grill the peppers, turning occasionally for about 25 minutes, until blackened on the outside and completely soft. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool. Peel the pepper and discard its skin and seeds.
- Place a dry frying pan over low heat and lightly toast the coriander, cumin, and caraway seeds for 2 minutes. Remove them to a mortar and use a pestle to grind to powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and fry the onion, garlic, and chiles for 10 - 12 minutes, until a dark smoky.
- Now use a blender or a food processor to blitz together all the paste ingredients until smooth, adding a little more oil.
PAK CHOI SALAD
- Place the Pak Choi on the grill and grill for 5 minutes, turning them regularly.
- Once they are grilled chop the Pak Choi and throw it into a salad bowl with the rocket salad.
- Add the sliced avocado and toasted pine nuts.
- Grate fresh Grana Padano over the salad and finish it off with some olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
You can also grill normal baby lettuce if you cannot find Pak Choi for the salad.
Make sure that the black mussels are SASSI compliant.
Make this meal even better with a glass of chilled sparkling white wine.