Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12 - 15 minutes
- 6 x Portobello mushrooms
- 6 eggs
- olive oil
- grated cheddar cheese
- freshly chopped chives
- salt and pepper
- 6 pork sausages
- 12 asparagus spears
- pack of bacon
- 2 vines of baby tomatoes
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, between 160°C - 180°C.
- Wipe the mushroom caps with a dry paper towel and remove the stems.
- Scrape out the black gills with a spoon and be careful not to break the edges as you need them in tact to keep the eggs from spilling out.
- Brush some olive oil on the mushroom caps and place them cap side down on the grill.
- Pack your bacon, asparagus spears, and sausages on the grill and crack an egg in each mushroom.
- Top them with a crack of coarse salt and pepper.
- Finish them off with some grated cheese and close the lid. (The eggs will cook between 12 - 15 minutes depending on how you'd like them done).
- Lightly brush the cherry tomatoes with olive oil, and place them on the grill when you open the lid to flip the sausages and bacon, roughly at the 6 - 7 minute mark.
- Keep your bacon on the grill the entire time if you want it nice and crispy.
- Crack some more black pepper and coarse salt on the mushrooms and tomatoes, and sprinkle some freshly chopped chives over the eggs.
- Grab 3 asparagus spears and take a piece of bacon and wrap them around the asparagus and use a toothpick to keep it all together.
Chop up the crispy bacon and add the grilled baby tomatoes inside the mushroom then crack the egg over for a mushroom breakfast bomb!
Make sure you regulate your temperature; the lid needs to be closed for the eggs to cook properly. You'll contain flair-ups at lower temperatures.
You can be very creative with the mushrooms – play around with different cheeses, herbs, and fillings.