Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup Cojita cheese crumbles (or feta)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- lime wedges
- Pre heat the braai to nice and hot. Rub some cooking oil on the braai grate.
- While the braai is heating up, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, chilli powder, garlic, and cilantro in a large bowl. Stir until consistent and set aside.
- When braai is hot, place corn directly over hot side of braai and cook, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides, about 10 minutes total.
- Transfer corn to serving board with cheese mixture and use a large spoon to evenly coat corn on all sides with mixture.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese, chopped cilantro and chilli powder and serve immediately with lime wedges.
Only have unshucked corn? Try microwaving the ears for a minute or two before shucking to make it easier.
Want a healthier alternative? Try substituting the sour cream with Greek yogurt.
What about for the kids? Cut the corn in half and stick kebabs skewers in each end or remove the corn from the cob and mix with the same sauce in a bowl to make it easier and less messy.