Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes for a 5cm fillet
- Kingklip Fillet – 1 per person
- Flour to dust the fish
TOPPING (Quantities are per fillet)
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 1 handful Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup Olives, halved
- ¼ cup fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 10ml Fish Spice
- Dust the fresh Kingklip with flour and shake off the excess.
- Place the fillet directly on your hot grill plate.
- Cook until the fish is golden brown, turning occasionally.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat your olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, basil, salt, pepper and spices.
- Cook until soft, allowing the flavours to fuse.
- Place your cooked Kingklip on a serving board or plate and top with your tomato topping.
- Serve with a lemon and lettuce garnish.
Choose sun ripened tomatoes and start at room temperature.
Cook fish for 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
Better Together: Serve with chilled white wine.