Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
4 - 6 people
- 1.5kg ground beef (70% beef / 30% fat)
- fresh chives, chopped
- garlic, coarsely chopped
- pickled jalapeños, sliced
- red onion, finely chopped
- 2 wheels of feta cheese
- ground pepper
- coarse sea salt
- olive oil
- Preheat the grill to high heat, between 200°C - 250°.
- Mix all the ingredients together, make sure not to overwork the meat.
- Overworking the meat will make the burgers dense and dry.
- Gently using your hands, form meatballs with the meat then gently press them down to take the shape of burger patties.
- Lightly brush the patties with some olive oil and throw them on the grill.
- 3 minutes a side will get you a nice and pink centre, 4 minutes for medium.
Make sure that you don’t overwork and over mix the meat. Coarse is the name of the game.
Experiment with the ingredients mixed in with the meat, try chopped chorizo & smoked paprika for a Spanish style, or chopped parsley, sun-dried tomatoes & parmesan for an Italian style burger.
Ask your butcher for a coarse ground beef mix, made up from brisket and chuck for that extra beefy flavour!