- 2kg beef ribs in a single rack
- Yellow mustard
- Spray bottle with equal parts water and vinegar
FOR COFFEE RUB:
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons table salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your smoker to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the fat cap on the ribs.
- Lightly rub yellow mustard all over the meat. This acts as a binder to help the rub stick to the meat.
- Combine all the dry rub ingredients and liberally coat all sides of the meat. Make sure it's well coated.
- Cook the ribs until the thickest part of the meat reaches a temperature of 95 to 100 degrees Celsius.
- While cooking, you can spritz the meat every 2 hours with a spray bottle containing equal parts water and vinegar.
- When the meat reaches the right temperature, remove and wrap in butcher's paper or tinfoil and set inside a cooler to rest for up to an hour.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
For extra flavor, top the ribs with a teaspoon of butter while they are resting.
The meat makes great taco fillings when cut into thin slices.
Using freshly ground coffee beans (as opposed to pre-ground coffee) makes a huge difference in flavour.