Did you stock up with chocolates and treats on promo after Valentine's Day? No judgment, we did too Check out our chocolate-filled puff pastry jaffle recipe, perfect use for excess treats, made right on the braai!
- Ready made puff pastry roll
- Caramel chocolate slab
- ½ Mini biscuits packet
- 2 strawberries, diced
- Optional*chocolate spread or caramel
1. Spray your Megamaster Jaffle Iron with cooking spray or rub with oil.
2. Unroll puff pastry on a chopping board and cut into quarters. One roll can make two jaffles.
3. Lay one quarter of pastry in your jaffle iron and start filling with your toppings. You can be creative with it and experiment with different toppings.
4. Want to make it extra creamy and dreamy? Spread a spoonful of chocolate spread or caramel on the inside of your jaffle.
5. Add the second quarter of pastry on top and seal the edges of your jaffle by pressing the pastry together.
6. Close your jaffle iron and cut off excess pastry.
7. Bake on your braai for 30-35minutes on medium heat.
8. Turn regularly to avoid your pastry burning.
9. Open your jaffle iron, if the pastry is golden brown, it is ready.
10. Serve with ice cream, fresh cream, or even more chocolate.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Want a kick? Add chilli flakes in your filling.
Start your jaffle early enough, so you can serve it fresh once done. We would suggest have it ready to braai as you start braaiing the meat.
Using your Megamaster Jaffle Iron for the first time? Remember prep it. Rub with a little oil, put directly on the heat till the oil starts to smoke, and remove. Wipe excess oil away. Your jaffle iron is now ready to use.