Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 4 x 50mm pork chops, bone-in
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- In a shallow dish or large self-sealing plastic bag, combine the ingredients then add in the pork chops.
- Seal bag and chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from bag, keep marinade aside for later use.
- Preheat the braai to medium-high heat.
- Cook the chops with the braai lid closed for 5 - 6 minutes a side (or until done), baste the meat with the marinade when turning it.
For charcoal braais: Prepare your braai for direct cooking over medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Add pork chops, close the lid and cook for 5-6 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Avoiding alcohol? Replace bourbon with orange or pineapple juice, peach syrup, or non-alcoholic vanilla extract.
Don’t do pork? Substitute it with beef brisket or chicken breast.