Craving pizza but don’t have any pizza dough on hand? Tortilla wraps come to the rescue in this effortless but mega-satisfying recipe. Our tortilla pizza is made with salty biltong, feta cheese and sweet Peppadews, but the beauty of this recipe is that you can chop and change the toppings to suit your tastes (or the ingredients in your fridge).
- Tortilla wraps
- Sun-dried tomato peso
- Cheddar cheese
- Feta, crumbled
- Biltong, sliced
- Spring onion, chopped
- Peppadews, halved
- Dust flour on a Megamaster Pizza Stone and heat it up on your gas braai. Your pizza stone can also be used on charcoal braais, just make sure it's over warm coals, not an open flame.
- Cover the tortilla base with sun-drid tomato pesto.
- Top with a generous amount of grated cheese.
- Place the feta, biltong, spring onion and Peppadews on top of the cheese, spreading them out evenly around the base.
- Place the tortilla on the heated pizza stone. Close the gas braai lid and cook for approximately 7 minutes or until the base is crispy and cheese is melted.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
For a crispier base, make sure the pizza stone is very hot and leave the pizza a little longer on the braai.
Adding flour to the pizza stone will make it easier to remove the tortilla from the stone.
Use a plastic spatula or silicone tong to remove the pizza. This will ensure you don't scratch or damage the pizza stone.