Your shopping cart is empty
- Start off by generously seasoning the steaks with salt, pepper and Cajun spice.
- Next up, gently baste the steaks with the truffe oil.
- Time to get messy. Rub the meat with the last bit of dry ingredients: rosemary and thyme.
- Get that meat tasty and ready to go. Marinade the steaks for at least 2 hours while you get the vegetables ready. Make sure you cut them into chunky pieces.
- Once your braai is hot and ready, braai the steak for approximately 4 minutes on each side, along with the seasonal vegetables. Gradually turn the veggies until golden and soft.
- Rest the meat in a dish with butter for 5 minutes. Once that is done, add the vegetables to the dish and serve.
Our official Megamaster Party chef, Sylvester Nair, is the Executive Chef at the Da Vinci Hotel and Suites in Sandton, Johannesburg.
A Tomahawk steak is a cut of beef ribeye that has 12cm or more of extra rib bone. It's called a "tomahawk" cut because the steak, together with the long bone, resembles a single-handed axe.
If you don’t have truffle oil, extra-virgin olive oil is a good substitute because it has roughly the same consistency and texture.
MEGA WINTER CLEARANCE SALE! Hurry, while stocks last! #TogetherButApart