- 12 whole jalapeño peppers
- 285g block of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 43g blue cheese
- 12 slices bacon
- sweet BBQ sauce for basting
- Through one side of the chilli pepper, cut a slit lengthwise, but not all the way.
- Carefully remove the seeds with a spoon. Wash under cold, running water to get rid of any stray seeds.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, blue cheese and garlic powder.
- Fill each cavity with the cream cheese mixture.
- Starting from the stem end, wrap the chilli pepper with bacon.
- Secure with toothpicks. Repeat with the remaining peppers.
- On medium-high heat braai the chilli peppers, occasionally turning for about 20 minutes or until bacon is golden brown and crisp.
- Baste the chillies with BBQ sauce 2 minutes before taking them off.
- Remove from heat, discard toothpicks and serve immediately.
MEGAMASTER RECIPE TIPS
Let your bacon get to room temperature before use, so it cooks evenly.
Take it to the next level: Substitute jalapeños for serrano peppers which have the same appearance and taste, but can be up to nine times hotter!
Serve with ranch dressing or homemade guacamole.