If you have a balcony with a view or a stoep that's seen some terrific parties, you already know a braai area is more than just a place to cook. However, for those without a large entertainment area or you’re merely looking for a change of scenery, a portable braai is undoubtedly a worthy investment to make.
Worldwide, South Africa is considered one of the top destinations for outdoor adventures. Our vast collection of public outdoor spaces, beaches, parks, forests and rivers means that if you have a portable braai, an impromptu braai is just around the corner.
From braais in the bush and camping cookers to grilling your fresh catch seaside, there is a Megamaster portable braai to suit your cooking adventure.
• Fusion 200 Table Top Braai – The perfect little braai to entertain friends and family, this gas unit sits on any flat surface and chargrills to perfection every time. The cast aluminum construction and two stainless steel burners means it’s durable enough for a life on the road.
• Camper 200 Pro – If you love ‘roughing it’ then this tough gas braai is right up your alley. Weighing 9kg's, it's sturdy on uneven surfaces, like ground or sand and the foldable legs enable it to sit flat during transportation. The stainless steel cooking grids are easy to clean and ideal for meat, fish and vegetables.
• 3 Burner Plancha – The biggest of the bunch, the Plancha is ideal for your home away from home! It is ideal for eggs, bacon, flapjacks, stir fry and even steaks. The Plancha features a durable porcelain enamel coated cast iron plate for even heat distribution without your food coming into direct contact with the heat source. The durable cast iron plate seals ingredients perfectly, while excess fat is drained away while locking in flavour for a healthier and tastier cooking style.
It’s important to remember that we can’t just fire up our braais anywhere. South Africa has arid landscapes making fires a high risk in many parts of the country, so make sure:
• The braai spot you select allows for controlled gas fires.
• You have a fire extinguisher or safety measures in place to extinguish any stray flames.
• If you’re cooking something fatty, keep the braai surface clean.
• Never leave food cooking unattended